Starting labwork proper

So for the last few weeks I’ve not been doing proper work, I really only arrived in the lab in June so I spent a lot of time settling in. I still don’t know who we order paper towel off or where the acrylamide lives. I still don’t own a set of pipettes (I’m sure you’ve been following that ongoing saga…) and there aren’t spare ones in the lab (which is very strange, seems to be a mix of them getting broken or nicked).

Today, I set up my first proper experiment of the project, and, as always, was far less prepared that I’d like to be. It seems the buffers I made a few weeks ago are growing (hate that) and so in the middle of it all, I had to make up a few buffers (thank god for PBS tablets). Even though I find setting up and doing experiments can be pretty stressful, it still feels good to get a start on things. It’s just a preliminary investigation and I still don’t have a way to book the flow cytometer, but I still reckon it’ll work out just fine! (well, who knows how the data will be, but I’ll survive the adventure anyway)

Advertisements
Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: